SPECIALISED IN PROVIDING TECHNICAL AND ENGINEERING SERVICES TO THE MARITIME SECTOR, WE TODAY STAND HIGHLY RECOGNIZED FOR OUR SUPPORT TO THE ENERGY EFFICIENT SYSTEMS AND PRODUCTS TO THE SHIPPING INDUSTRY. AN ORGANISATION DRIVEN WITH PASSION, NAUTICAL POWER IS LED BY A DEDICATED TEAM OF ENGINEERS WITH OVER 28 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN DESIGN, ENGINEERING, PRODUCTION AND ASSEMBLY OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
We have researched extensively over the years and reached at solutions that can infuse energy efficient and heavy load manageable technical power solutions to critical issues that makes ship maneuvering and dry dock maintenance comfortable.
A FEW OF OUR SERVICE OFFERINGS INCLUDE:
- AC / DC Drives
- Power Outlets for offshore marine application
- Modular Shore to Ship power supply units - to power the ships while docked
- Motor Control Centers
- Automatic Transfer Switch
- Harmonic Suppressors
- Capacitor Banks
- Modular Substations
- Feeder Pillars
- Thruster systems
- Electrical, Controls & SCADA systems – Cable & Pipe laying Carousel systems on marine vessel
AC / DC DRIVES
THE HUMAN DRIVE TO REDUCE EMISSIONS AND REDUCTION IN FATAL PARTICLES INCLUDING GASES LIKE CO2, HAS PAVED WAY FOR THE INVENTION OF ELECTRIC MOTOR DRIVEN SYSTEMS IN ENGINES. EVENTUALLY THIS HAS GREATLY IMPROVED FUEL EFFICIENCY IN HYBRID OR ELECTRIC VEHICLES. SAME IS THE CASE WITH THE NEED OF ELECTRIC PROPULSION SYSTEM IN SHIPS AND THE DEMAND IS GETTING ACCELERATED.
The Diesel- Electric hybrid system is needed for vessels like Cable and pipe laying, Chemical and product tankers, Cruise vessels, Double-acting tankers, Dredgers, Drill ships and semi-submersible rigs, FPSO tankers, Icebreakers, Offshore support vessels, Research and survey vessels, Ro-Ro and Ro-Pax ferries and Shuttle tankers
- Diesel generators(G)
- AC electrical network
- Propulsion motors(M)
- Auxiliary loads and motors (M)
- Precise maneuverability in all sea conditions, high torque capabilities, fast and accurate performance
- Drive panel can be located at any available space on the ship; thus, the lower deck and engine room space can be used more efficiently
- Electric drive can fluctuate propeller speed at the motor terminal by varying frequency from zero up to their maximum rated operating speed, providing a 20-30% more energy efficient system
- Propulsion motors(M)
- AC drives assist in Dynamic positioning of floating vessels and control the pushers, thrusters and propellers to make the ship stay on course and steady during natural occurrences (wind, wave, current and storm) that take place offshore by being constantly active
- Accurate maneuvering for maintaining a fixed position or track during cable / pipe laying
- Fix location while drilling in deep waters
- Drives are extensively used for Platform support vessels (PSVs), Well intervention vessels, Diving Support Vessels, Dredging vessels and Shuttle Tankers
- Weathervane - position the ship at a favorable angle towards wind, waves AC / DC DRIVES and current
WE ENGINEER, DESIGN, AND MANUFACTURE ELECTRICAL DEVICES FOR POWERING VARIOUS MAJOR AND AUXILIARY REQUIREMENTS ON-BOARD A SHIP / VESSEL AND OFFSHORE RIGS & PLATFORMS
The Diesel- Electric hybrid system is needed for vessels like Cable and pipe laying, Chemical and product tankers, Cruise vessels, Dou
USAGE OF POWER OUTLETS:
- Powering refrigerated ISO containers
- Portable Welding power Units
- Spider boxes
- Drilling equipment
- Powering pipe laying equipment
- Powering Cranes
- Overhauling barges
- Deck Machineries
- Powering offshore platforms
- Wheeled / Chassis mounted Equipment are powered via Bunker mount assemblies
- Powering Ventilation fans
- Easy Cable management
- Safe handling of power
- Easy maintenance and minimum downtime
- Various mounting options are available – Pole mounted, Pedestal mounted, Rack mounted, Bunker mounted and Portable assemblies
- Safety interlocked reefer outlets to provide operator with a “de-energized” circuit during the insertion and retraction of the male plug, preventing “making or breaking” under load
- ON/OFF actuator rod and receptacle are located on opposite sides of the enclosure assembly to protect the operator in case of an unexpected flashover / explosion caused by a wet/defective plug
- Fitted with spring – actuated snap cover protects the receptacle contacts from dust and water another option is with threaded flap cover and hinged for IP56 rating
SHORE TO SHIP POWER
THE ISSUE OF GLOBAL WARMING AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION HAS PRESSURIZED THE WORLD TO SEARCH FOR NOVEL ACTIONABLE CONCEPTS. THE INCREASE IN MARITIME ACTIVITIES INCLUDING SHIPPING FOR BOTH COMMERCIAL AND MILITARY PURPOSES, HAVE ALSO BECOME CONCERN FOR THE NATURE CONTAMINATION. IT IS HERE, WHERE, NAUTICAL POWER STEPS IN WITH THEIR ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY SERVICE OF SHORE- TO-SHIP POWER SUPPLY.
When ships are berthed, they use their auxiliary engines to support some basic functions. This must be taken into consideration, as it generates dangerous gases (SOx, NOx, CO2) and particle discharge. To alleviate these issues, cold ironing, as it is called, comes into play. During cold ironing, the ship turns off its engines while berthed and plugs into an onshore power source. The ship’s power load is then transferred to the shore-side power supply without disrupting onboard services.
Nautical Power Provide Custom Engineered Safety Interlocked Power Distribution Systems for Ships at port and at sea.
POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS FOR SSP SUPPORT THREE VITAL FUNCTIONS:
- Convert grid’s alternating current (AC) from 50 Hertz (Hz) to the 60 Hz (or vice versa) as required by the vessel’s onboard network
- Synchronization and load transfer of the shore power are controlled at the MCC. Operations are performed smoothly, allowing the two power sources to synchronize and the onboard machinery to respond without the slightest disruption to onboard services
- Maintain a safe, stable, and reliable supply no matter how much the load imposed by the vessel varies
To meet these requirements, Nautical Power has placed frequency converter, transformers, drives, MCC, LV panel and Control panel all in a standard 40-foot shipping container and is delivered as a finished cabinet. The cabinet can be supplied with cable connectors located in the front of the cabinet or with openings for cable entry through the cabinet floor
The design facilitates sufficient room to operate, change components and carry out service operations. The air-conditioned design is also able to handle the high heat output generated by the frequency converter and transformer. The specially developed cable management system provides for a fast, easy, and flexible connection between the shore and ship.
SHORE TO SHIP POWER – ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMIC BENEFITS:
- Ships can shut down their engines while at berth and plug into an onshore power system (OPS) without disruption to onboard services
- Reduced noise and vibrations from auxiliary engines thereby reducing engine wear and tear
- Clean air and positive impact on tourism & commerce, provides better onboard comfort while in port
- Emissions to the local surroundings are eliminated by 90% and greenhouse gas by 50%
WE SUPPLY AND INSTALL THE WORLD’S BEST BRANDS OF ELECTRIC THRUSTERS.
Present day Yachts are with “single joystick” maneuvering options, but you can upgrade your existing boat with our proportional thruster systems, to have a better and safer maneuvering control avoiding stress in the more and more crowded marinas.
Increasing boat sizes and number of boats have outrun the harbor space for many years around the marina, making docking and anchorages more difficult than ever. Easy maneuvering using our thrusters offer a great help while docking in challenging locations or in adverse weather conditions.
We supply and install the revolutionary “Vector fin” stabilizers, and stabilization is really a life changing feature for boating and the “hottest” item on new boats options lists now. The GOOD NEWS is that you do not really have to invest in a brand-new boat to have this amazing feature, because the Vector fin stabilizers can be retrofitted in most existing boats also.
You can find what you need among our selection of over 120 different DC electric thrusters, or if you have an even larger yacht or a work boat, among our 80+ hydraulic and AC electric thruster solutions. All these products are European made with a strong focus on reliability and safety, with many unique features setting them all apart from what on the surface appears to be similar products.
- Compact-sized units
- “Plug & Go” electric wiring and control panel
- Easily accessible battery cable terminals
- Fast and safe propeller mounting with locknut
- Professional and solid GRP/composite stern thruster kits
- Easy access anodes
- Easy fit sealed gear legs
- Mechanical protection of drive gear
THE COMPLETE RANGE OF NAUTICAL POWER EQUIPMENT ARE PRODUCED UNDER THE STRICT SUPERVISION OF A TEAM OF EXPERIENCED INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS WITH A TRACK RECORD OF SAFETY, QUALITY, AND TIMELY PROJECT EXECUTION AT OUR STATE-OF-THE-ART MANUFACTURING CENTER IN DUBAI.
Assembly of electrical equipment and systems take place in the Ras Al Khaimah docks that can easily accommodate large OUR STRENGTHS vessels, a comprehensive workshop is ideally located in front of the dry dock.
- Certified and approved to the local and international manufacturing and quality standards.
- Associated with local and international testing laboratories
- Collaboration with globally renowned component manufacturers
- In-house CAD and engineering facilities
- Futuristic concepts, timely production & delivery